perjantai 16. joulukuuta 2016

second home

When I arrived in New Zealand in July, I felt like a lost 16-year old girl. Alone, far away from home. No one knew who I was and I didn't know anyone. I had no idea how to get to places or how to act in this different culture. I wasn't even sure how I would manage with different language. I only knew that I was going to spend half a year here, which was supposed to be the best time of my life.

And now, five months later, I can proudly say that I have succeeded. I have adapted to this new place, culture and language, created a new home on the other side of the world and definitely had the best time of my life. When I look out of our window and see the amazing view over Christchurch, I feel like I see the place where I belong. A year ago I had never even heard about this city, but now this is what I call home.

It's amazing how fast you can create a new life. Starting from zero, knowing absolutely nothing. For five months I have been meeting new people, going to new places and learning about a new culture. And now I'm here. At home, spending my last month in this amazing country with the most amazing people that I have ever met. And I really mean that from the bottom of my heart, I have never met people like this. I have been so lucky to get to know so many wonderful people, who had made my exchange so great. I know that the friendships I have created here are going to last, some of them hopefully for the rest of my life.

I didn't really know what to expect when I left Finland, but to be honest my time here has been so much more awesome than what I could have ever imagined. Of course there have been good and some bad days, but I have never, not even once, regretted that I left. I have never thought that things would be better if I would have just stayed at home. Going on exchange has been for sure the craziest, but also the best decision of my life.

I know that Finland will always be my home, I will never forget where I come from. But right now, my life is here. My heart is here, and


Your home is where your heart is

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti